Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Matthew 14:22-34 is the passage about Jesus and Peter walking on the water. Much truth can be gleaned from this passage, but for me, in the past couple of years it has admonished and encouraged me to keep my focus on the Lord no matter what my situation is. Just like Peter, as long as we walk toward Jesus, focused on Him, we will stay on top. It is only when we start to look at ourselves and the situation around us that we begin to drown in it. If we are not trusting all aspects of our life to the Lord, this life and the world around us will devour us - chew us up and spit us out. Only in the Lord is there peace, contentment, and life to the fullest. Jesus says in John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and distroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Two sentences prior to this statement, Jesus says, "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved." Have you entered into the promise of eternal life through Jesus? He is the only way - John 14:6 "Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Don't let this life drown you, trust in Jesus to keep you above it all.

Last week, Mark came home from his day flight saying, "What a great day of flying!" I love hearing the joy in his voice as he tells me about the work he does. It is a work we are priviledged to be a part of. This particular day was an incredibly long one for Mark. From the time he left the house to the time he returned home must have been at least 15 hours. His task that day was to take staff and campers home from Covenant Camp. It was the last of camp for the summer in Unalakleet. There are five Bible camps throughout Alaska that MARC flies for. Please, pray that the many youth who attended summer Bible camps will grow in their faith throughout the year and will have the courage and clarity to share their faith with their family and friends.

Over the last year, the kids and I have gotten together one to two times a month with a few other homeschool families at our home for art class. The kids have loved it and have produced some great artistic creations. There is nothing like enjoying these times with friends. We will continue to enjoy these classes together in the coming year as well.
The kids have started the summer soccer season. They have great teams and great coaches. Please pray for their safety as they enjoy this activity.
With summer vacation upon us, I have plunged myself into ministry outside my home. I am teaching the 4th grade Sunday School for the summer and loving it. I have a great group of kids in my class. I have given extra attention to the ladies ministry that we MARC wives are continually involved in throughout the year. It is a blessing to work with the other wives toward a common goal. It draws us closer together, strengthening and encouraging eachother as we strive to be a blessing and encouragement to the pastor/missionary wives serving in the villages. I have stepped in temporarily to help out with getting the next MARC publications accomplished. Our church's VBS was a short term commitment I made. It took place in June and was an incredible success. It was a priviledge to once again work with the other 75 plus volunteers that sacrificed their time and abilities to minister to the children in our church and community. A big part of my minstry is communication through newsletters, emails, and regular updates which is the purpose of this blog. Communication takes an emmence amount of time. Unfortunately, during the school year, I don't have much time to devote to it as I am very focused on my children's education. Therefore, one of my goals this summer is to establish a routine in communicating. I have hope that this blog will be the key to my communication success.





No comments: